Sunday, June 29, 2008

Bravo! - It's BLENKO At Its Best.

A Recent article listed the BLENKO BRAVO design as one of the most collectible. Its the only Blenko post 1970 that The Purple Moon www.thepurplemoon.com a boutique devoted to mid century design carries. If you love 50s 60s Blenko you'll want to own BRAVO! Its available now in the BLENKO GLASS Gift Shop or you may order on line www.blenkoglass.com (phone 304 743 9081). Don't miss out of this series.

Bayliss Design Team presents - The Bravo! Collection
Bravo! Collection is a celebration of Blenko’s successful history. These pieces are an encore that pays homage to memorable 50’s and 60’s designs, yet they also push the ideas and forms into the future. Optimistic, fun, with colors that POP, Bravo! also celebrates life NOW with hot new colors and cool new forms.Not only do the pieces look great, they work well too. Try pouring from the bird neck pitcher to see what we mean. Voluptuous and curved or svelte and stretched, form and function unite in this juicy, young line. Instead of simply being a decorative motif, the punches that produce the interesting contours of the vessels also create areas that the hand can easily grasp. These pieces really lend themselves to mixing or matching; never has orange, blue, and purple looked so good together. Bravo! Blenko loves Blenko, again! (from Blenko GLass Advertisement)

9 comments:

  1. They are 2 busy 2 answer questions.
    Can you provide an email address where I can ask questions?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do you get a commission is I say
    Hilary told me to buy?
    Let me know before I order.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I did this already, when you told us in December to buy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. hilly
    just noticed the change
    to 4th year dental student
    does this mean you
    are now a DMD?
    Sol

    ReplyDelete
  5. Solomon,
    You are so very observant.
    NO! On May 7th 2009 God willing I will receive the DDS degree.
    HJH
    Annu
    NO COMMISSION - JUST BUY - BUY OFTEN- and know its always a good investment. Join the Collectors Club to learn more.
    HJH
    Nick
    theblenkoproject@aol.com
    I may not be able to answer but I'll try to find someone who can.
    hjh
    Bridgett
    Great that you bought, the new midyear line is now available, check the website. It is even more lovely.
    hjh

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hilary
    Forgot to tell you how nice Rick Blenko was on 6/20.
    He is right out of central casting.
    Most terrific person in West Virginia. We told him we are Blog Readers.
    We didn't get Birthday but we did buy glass.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sweetdoc
    You have the 'idea'
    once you realize Blenko is the last remaining antique glass factory in the US
    and we must support this factory - when you buy a piece of BLENKO and gift Blenko
    over time you'll get to know the 6-8 member team who made the BlENKO, each team, each member of the team is invaluable. Everyone at Blenko works very hard, each person is skilled, its a remarkable organization.
    Proudly own your West Virginia Glass.
    Encourage other to purchase and value. Support your local craftsmen, support your state, and Always try to buy Made In the USA.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Enough of this buy made in USA.
    Where was your car made?
    Not in the USA.
    Practice what you Preach
    Missy.
    Sol

    ReplyDelete
  9. Solomon,
    Unlike you I don't change my car(s) frequently. You've mentioned this many times before, yes, I'm still driving the VW. What CAR is made in the USA?
    HJH

    ReplyDelete