Title

Heart of Glass - Blenko Glass

Blenko Glass is a West Virginia treasure that spans generations. Nothing symbolizes the state of West Virginia better or more beautifully than Blenko Glass. We will discuss current and former craftsmen and designers and how important it is that Blenko and West Virginia glass be appreciated and valued by the younger generation.

Friday, June 24, 2011

Reader Gets great Deal on Husted compotes



Hi Hillary,

How do you know you might be getting ready to find a real deal? Well, in this grouping of three Husted designed #5411 crystal footed compotes (10"), it was that one was stuck on a bottom shelf at the back of a small out-of-the-way antique store while another was displayed upside-down. The Chartreuse seed-glass compote was found tucked away in the back of an Oklahoma antique store behind a lot of other stuff and covered in many layers of dust. The Amethyst piece came from a pretty upscale antique store in Atlanta but was sitting on an upper shelf upside-down. The prices for the two would make many a Blenko retailer head spin but they are wonderful additions to our collection. The left hand piece is in Charcoal.
Enjoy
Bruce

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Is that one piece or two? Notice also that know two or three are alike. Must be that way with everything. Even twins are different, even identical twins are different, why should glass be any different. The first is usually the best even in pouring a mold, even though human man would be know different.Unless we now have robots, programs out there. I do know that robots are in factories.Have a good day!

Phani said...

Hillary,

I sent an email couple of min's ago about the stories and pictures I took at the Blenko BD event. Please take a look and edit and post whenever possible.

Phani

Roundhead2 said...

Yes I need to see who is saying they are me, plus who is using the roundhead2 making you people think that they are me. Nerve. Might you do this kind of crime what else would you do? Someone needs to say that they are sorry, plus that is a federal crime, just saying you are someone else, that you are not.They who ever they are have done a bad thing. I would just like to know why! Guess they got alot to hide. To think I almost went to Blenko that day after work.I would like to see their ID. So yes all kind of people buy Blenko, even crimials.

Anonymous said...

Wow!
These are the most beautiful of all the blenko designs I've seen.
Paul J
How did you acquire 3?
Where do I find these?

Anonymous said...

Bruce your glass bring me back time after time.
I copy the photos and keep them in a notebook, each time we visit glass shops I have my Bruce reference book of items I want.
Tessa
Montana