Title

Heart of Glass - Blenko Glass

Blenko Glass is a West Virginia treasure that spans generations. Nothing symbolizes the state of West Virginia better or more beautifully than Blenko Glass. We will discuss current and former craftsmen and designers and how important it is that Blenko and West Virginia glass be appreciated and valued by the younger generation.

Thursday, May 09, 2013

Readers:  Can we help to ID this glass?
Subject: Blenko pitcher info



Hi Hillary, It looks on your blog like you are a very busy person, so thanks for reading this! I was given a beautiful blue 5 ½” Blenko crackeled glass pitcher in 1977 as a wedding gift.I’m now trying to find out more about it, such as when it was produced, and maybe a guess at a current value.I want to give it as a gift to the Granddaughter of the lady that gave it to me.I’ve attached a photo. I’ve looked at the catalogs on the blenkoproject.org (I saw a similar photo in ’74 – maybe # 3750L, and also ’71 # 6916? – BUT it is almost impossible to read the font & it won’t zoom in), e-mailed Blenko (they say they don’t have the employees available to answer me), asked on Facebook – someone said to contact you, looked on e-bay, done other searches, etc.
Thanks for any help, Christine C

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I've heard people call this one the kool aide pitcher, as the one used in the ad looked just like this.
Hilary thank you for allowing photos of catalog items that are not rare.
Most of us own these, not the delightful unusual items you often feature.
Susan Pointer

Anonymous said...

Value would be mostly sentimental.
Good auction under $50
However, it is priceless to Christine's family as it should be.
SP