Title

Heart of Glass - Blenko Glass

Blenko Glass is a West Virginia treasure that spans generations. Nothing symbolizes the state of West Virginia better or more beautifully than Blenko Glass. We will discuss current and former craftsmen and designers and how important it is that Blenko and West Virginia glass be appreciated and valued by the younger generation.

Sunday, June 15, 2014

Shepherd Bamboo pitcher and vase

Hi Hillary,
Just enjoying a rare rainy day here in North Texas and thought I would send along a few pictures from the past week. In this photo is my only Shepherd designed Bamboo pieces. Debbie and I stumbled upon the Wheat vase many years ago in a small shop in the South Dakota. The Turquoise pitcher came in this week from a mislist on Ebay. The design numbers are Blenko #7819 pitcher in Turquoise and Blenko #7727S vase in Wheat. I had never really been impressed with this design until getting the Turquoise pitcher. I may have to reconsider and add a few more if I am lucky enough.

Hope you enjoy,
Bruce



No comments: