Title

Heart of Glass - Blenko Glass

Blenko Glass is a West Virginia treasure that spans generations. Nothing symbolizes the state of West Virginia better or more beautifully than Blenko Glass. We will discuss current and former craftsmen and designers and how important it is that Blenko and West Virginia glass be appreciated and valued by the younger generation.

Sunday, December 14, 2014

Blenko swirl medalion Husted vases


 
 
 
Next up is a nice couple of Husted designed crackle vases that I really enjoy.
The smaller version with the Tangerine swirls has been an early piece in my
collection with it's larger brother just arriveing in the past week. First time
I have seen this piece and I was glad to finally have this example. These are
Blenko #622L with Turquoise medallions and a Blenko 622M with Tangerine
medallions. The Tangerine is my favorite because the color makes the medallions
look like unopened roses.
 
Hope you enjoy,
Bruce S

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

THANK YOU BRUCE.
MY NOTEBOOK IS FILLED WITH YOUR PHOTOS.
NOW IF ONLY I TOO HAD THE GOOD GLASS KARMA.