Title

Heart of Glass - Blenko Glass

Blenko Glass is a West Virginia treasure that spans generations. Nothing symbolizes the state of West Virginia better or more beautifully than Blenko Glass. We will discuss current and former craftsmen and designers and how important it is that Blenko and West Virginia glass be appreciated and valued by the younger generation.

Wednesday, April 08, 2015

Glass update - V

Hello 

I have decided to make pieces for others. But as I make 2-3 a week, will do orderwise. If you like any particular design or shape send me the information along with price quote. If I accept will make and send in 2-3 weeks. You may email me directly at vivek.yadav@ gmail.com. Also, I will leave PSU in July, so may stop making glass for a few months after that. So will take requests only until mid May.

Thanks 
Vivek 


Selection of my favorite glass works

Paper weight

Bowl with spiral and yellow pitcher

Orange bottle

My interpretation of 'fire and ice' and my first experiment with optics

Experiments to make miniature pieces

Bowls, the one on right is made with black only.

Attempts at wine glass

Attempts at wine glass

Christmas ornaments and bowls

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Vivek
Your work is very good.
It has been a long time goal of mine to attempt the glass blowing, I hear its very bad for your lungs and mouth and teeth.
Have you any experiences you care to share?
George D.

Anonymous said...

Here is link to my glass blowing website. its still under construction, https://sites.google.com/site/vivtroartwks/home
thanks,
V

Anonymous said...

VIVEK, IF YOU WANT A LONG LIFE. STOP GLASS BLOWING. ITS NOT GOOD FOR YOUR HEALTH.

Anonymous said...

photography is also very good.
VIvek the Workers Compensation people will tell you glass workers rarely live long enough to enjoy retirement.
Stop now.
Your pictures are very nice.

Anonymous said...

Vivek can you do that website as a link? I cant cut and paste.
Margie Hale

Anonymous said...

? are the long hair person or the red headed person?
Margie Hale

Anonymous said...

i am the one making glass. person in long hair is my glass partner. Her and I make glass together, and the person in red bandana is my glass instructor. He taught me how to make glass.
thanks
vivek

Anonymous said...

Hi Margie and Mountain Rita...


WV Janis

Granny Sue said...

Lovely work! I enjoyed seeing it.

Anonymous said...

Can you perhaps suggest what we should offer?