Title

Heart of Glass - Blenko Glass

Blenko Glass is a West Virginia treasure that spans generations. Nothing symbolizes the state of West Virginia better or more beautifully than Blenko Glass. We will discuss current and former craftsmen and designers and how important it is that Blenko and West Virginia glass be appreciated and valued by the younger generation.

Tuesday, December 06, 2016

How Much Is that Doggie ( or carafe) In the Window?

 

Dr. Homburg,
I'm not a new collector ( over 5 years now), however, when I see something like the attached offering of Blenko.  I wonder if what I'm collecting is original Blenko. Then remind myself I purchased the new items in my collection from Milton. 
Will you view the photos and the ad and email me with your response.
Susan

Blenko Cobalt Blue Vase or Carafe


$245
Blenko handmade cobalt art glass carafe or vase. Light wear.
A beautiful piece that will add to your décor!

Details

Dimensions
6.25ʺW × 3.5ʺD × 8.25ʺH
Condition
Excellent
Style
Mid-Century Modern
Maker
Blenko
See other
Blue Vases, Mid-Century Modern Vases, or Blenko Vases
   SUSAN,   Time doesn't permit me to response to every email we receive.
On occasion the email brings a smile to the face of the reader and its sent immediately to me.
I received your email today 11/7.
You are correct this is the same or very similar to the Blenko waterbottle.  
We always suggest folks check the www.blenkoglass.com website on line store or the
gift shop prior to purchasing.
Thank you for the smile.  I'm going to include this in a blog post.
One of the appraisers I use, frequently says 'Blenko is worth what the buyer is willing to pay!'
HJH
      

2 comments:

Penny Dean said...

People frequently over charge the misinformed.
I have 15 birthday vases I want to let go. The first five $100_800. The remaining 350_400. If you can help me find collectors?
Thank you.

bridgett said...

Penny
Have you sold your blenko wv birthday vases? I would like to purchase.
Today I'm sending my contact info to blenko project.
BS