Title

Heart of Glass - Blenko Glass

Blenko Glass is a West Virginia treasure that spans generations. Nothing symbolizes the state of West Virginia better or more beautifully than Blenko Glass. We will discuss current and former craftsmen and designers and how important it is that Blenko and West Virginia glass be appreciated and valued by the younger generation.

Saturday, November 30, 2019

Blenko Glass. Holiday Gift Shopping? They have something for everyone!


Holiday Gift Shopping!
    This week I ran into one of my favorite teachers from Junior High - she mentions she still has the Blenko xmas ornaments I gifted her.  
Which leads me to random thoughts.  
     I have wonderful memories of going to Blenko with my Dad, to purchase glass for projects or gifts.
Learning about colors, and getting to know Mr. Jessie,  Mr. Shorty, Mr. Bean,  Mr. Les  these were the gentlemen who made the angels, and snowmen and other exciting creatures.
      If you haven't taken the children or the grandchildren to Blenko this year.  Do make plans to take them.   Most all summer long the observation booth is  open ( free) and they welcome visitors.  

As a child I purchase all my teacher gifts,  babysitter gifts etc. ( I had a $5 budget for each).
    I recall asking Mr. Bill as a college student,  if he could make certain items that were desirable and affordable to children would always be available.   
     For years Blenko  had boxes of critters ( $5) on the floor .   

     

These suncatchers are the newest in 2019 Blenko winter theme items.  My Mom uses these in place of ribbon on her gifts.  
    


New colorful suncatchers in Winter themes, dimensionally hand-pressed and uniquely formed. This gift set includes three window hanging ornaments or suncatchers; a 3" Snowman suncatcher in our Turquoise color, a 4" Tree suncatcher in our Cobalt color and a 3" Snowflake in our Crystal color.

No comments: