Title

Heart of Glass - Blenko Glass

Blenko Glass is a West Virginia treasure that spans generations. Nothing symbolizes the state of West Virginia better or more beautifully than Blenko Glass. We will discuss current and former craftsmen and designers and how important it is that Blenko and West Virginia glass be appreciated and valued by the younger generation.

Sunday, December 22, 2019

Heart of Glass! Do you have a favorite?


Asking a glass collector , to choose a favorite - is much like asking a parent " whose your favorite child?'.  Impossible!**
    I get ask this questions frequently.   My response is most often  - anything in ruby and before 1962.
Like most of you, and most collectors over the age of 50* - I do love Blenko s Ruby Glass!
    With Blenko - I like the glass object  to be useful!   While I find the whimsical pieces to be delightful and I have a few in my possession.  I most enjoy the pitchers and glasses and bowls that were meant to be useful!
     The very early  Blenko WV Birthday Vases  were made to be used.   My family daily uses the 1987 basket to hold fruit or float fresh flowers.  We use the rhododendron  ( WVA State Flower) bowl only when my Mom brings out the good china.  The Wedgewood Runnymede .  The accent color in this China blends with the rhododendron color.
      One of my Mom's friends uses the early WV Birthday Vases in her guest bathrooms to hold soaps.
Blenko Glass makes timeless designs - that are meant to be used.
       This year give the gift of NEW BLENKO GLASS!    The new design team  is most talented and they love BLENKO almost as much as we do!   The designers and factory craftsmen  want to make BLENKO that you'll cherish!
        Support BLENKO Glass Company  and all our local businesses.  
BUY LOCAL this HOLIDAY!   Be proud of your WVa Heritage!

*  I'm not 50 -

** Do you have a favorite?   Send a photo and the story - all really good BLENKO has a story.

 

No comments: