Title

Heart of Glass - Blenko Glass

Blenko Glass is a West Virginia treasure that spans generations. Nothing symbolizes the state of West Virginia better or more beautifully than Blenko Glass. We will discuss current and former craftsmen and designers and how important it is that Blenko and West Virginia glass be appreciated and valued by the younger generation.

Tuesday, December 12, 2006

384 Water Bottle


My mail is always an interesting combination of bills, offers for credit cards, advertisements and the occassional letter from a glass collector or person who shares my interest in glass. This morning, I'm on my way to take an Operative final exam - - when this photo arrived...the question: 'is this Blenko?' Made me smile, as this is one I can answer. Most often, I don't immediately know the answer to the question and I forward the notes to those people who actually have knowledge and/or time the time to find the answers. However, today is different, this is a photo of a # 384 water bottle from Blenko. Perhaps a sign that I will do well on my operative exam!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Does this mean you are not a natural blonde?
Jeff Means
Stuart Additon
Milton, WV

Anonymous said...

Hillary
I still have nite dreams about my Operative Classes at UK Dent School. Hang in there, it gets easier. Having a hobby outside the dent school helps.
My wife and I enjoy your blog, the photos are great.
Tom Kinder DDS