Title

Heart of Glass - Blenko Glass

Blenko Glass is a West Virginia treasure that spans generations. Nothing symbolizes the state of West Virginia better or more beautifully than Blenko Glass. We will discuss current and former craftsmen and designers and how important it is that Blenko and West Virginia glass be appreciated and valued by the younger generation.

Wednesday, August 29, 2012

1968 - A Good Year

Hillary
We are new ( 13 months) Blenko Collectors -   1968  was an important year for us.  Can you suggest a piece of Blenko from 68  -  I can purchase for my husband.  Summer L.

Summer -  The Blenko Catalogs are now available on line at www.blenkoproject.org Blenko Project,  search the year (s)  you have an interest in - then do an ebay search,  or phone your vintage glass dealer.
Good Luck! hjh

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

The catalogs do no good
I can not read the damn numbers
I do recognize my glass but it doesn't help if I cant see the numbers.
Your webmaster must be 18 and have 10 10 vision.
Tell him to fix this.

Anonymous said...

Saw the name Jane on your catalog
I loved Jane, when she was at Blenko things ran smoothly.
What ever happen to Jane? She was too young to retire.

Unknown said...

Jane married John Nickerson and retired. She was having a house-clearing sale of her personal collection the weekend of the first Blenko Collectors' Society event back in May of 2002. I bought a wonderful Winslow Anderson bent neck decanter with a handle, and carefully shipped it home to myself. The bottle is great, but the story that goes with it is just as valuable. To me, anyway.

Diane

Anonymous said...

Behind most every piece of my Blenko is a story.
I've purchased never in bulk but 2-4 items yearly since 2000.
All from estates or people like Jane - who have a strong Blenko connection.
Like you Diane, I value each piece for the quality and the story.
Elizabeth B.