Title

Heart of Glass - Blenko Glass

Blenko Glass is a West Virginia treasure that spans generations. Nothing symbolizes the state of West Virginia better or more beautifully than Blenko Glass. We will discuss current and former craftsmen and designers and how important it is that Blenko and West Virginia glass be appreciated and valued by the younger generation.

Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Blenko Glass. Blenko Blog. Vintage Blenko. Myers 106 stretch bottle designs


Myers designed bottles; Blenko # 6426 in Tangerine, Blenko #6425 in Peacock, and Blenko #6427 in Special Fade combination.   
No one - but no one,  collects and photographs Blenko like Bruce S of Texas.

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

These are fake

Anonymous said...

Fake fake fake

Anonymous said...

Fake? What does Fake mean Glassdoc?
They are fake Blenko?
They are plastic?
Help I'm new and don't understand this.

Anonymous said...

How does one know fake?

Anonymous said...

Hilary
why not send the photo to myers, I know you communicate with him and let him tell you if
these are fake fake fake?
GS

Anonymous said...

Iown something very similar purchased at the 2007 Blenko Convention.

Anonymous said...

They are not fake in any way. I took the comments as the joke the original poster made to which I was going to respond that "you just wish they were!" Better yet see if you can find another #6425 in peacock for $18.00 which is what I did on what I consider to be my best "find". Good luck. As for fakes a good place to see several examples of fakes is the Blenko Archive webpage that shows many examples of other fakes or copies of Blenko designs to be on the look out for.
Enjoy,
Bruce Specht

Anonymous said...

Ignore the comment newbie if the ebay king doesn't sell the glass it is considered fake.
Eliz

Anonymous said...

They are still fake.

Anonymous said...

Eliz: who is eBay king

Anonymous said...

As I am new to collecting, I hesitate to add any comments when others seem to know so much more. However I feel that I must add a comment to this thread. First I have looked at the catalogs for Myers time with Blenko and I've also looked at the Blenko Four web site. Those designs pictured here also seem to be confirmed in these other sources as Blenko and as Myers. So I am (as others seem to be) waiting for that person who posted that these are "fake" to enlighten the rest of us. Why are these "fake"? Please backup your claim with information.

sweetdoc said...

Anonymous which ones are fake?