Title

Heart of Glass - Blenko Glass

Blenko Glass is a West Virginia treasure that spans generations. Nothing symbolizes the state of West Virginia better or more beautifully than Blenko Glass. We will discuss current and former craftsmen and designers and how important it is that Blenko and West Virginia glass be appreciated and valued by the younger generation.

Friday, May 23, 2014

Husted Vineyard vases

Hi Doc,

A couple of Vineyard vases that are new to my collection. I have always wanted to add this Vineyard vase to my collection and was surprised to find myself in possession of two within a week. I first stumbled upon the "61 Charcoal piece pictured on the right in a shop in Weatherford, Texas. I had spent most of my time wandering through several shops and was getting a feeling that I was going to come up empty-handed again when I spotted this on a shelf. With the "Blenko" etched signature and pristine condition I was happy to have found this one. I came home later that night and found another as a "Buy It Now" on Ebay for the same low price and decided that the Jonquil would be a nice companion to the Charcoal example I now had. These are Husted designed Blenko #6046. I particularly enjoy the random top edge to the vases.

Hope you agree,

Bruce Specht



No comments: