Title

Heart of Glass - Blenko Glass

Blenko Glass is a West Virginia treasure that spans generations. Nothing symbolizes the state of West Virginia better or more beautifully than Blenko Glass. We will discuss current and former craftsmen and designers and how important it is that Blenko and West Virginia glass be appreciated and valued by the younger generation.

Thursday, May 29, 2014

Myers Amberina Barber Bottles

Hi Hillary,

Just wanted to share another story from the road. I have had the Myers designed stoppered Barbers Bottle for several years but recently added the rolled edge variant after a trip into southern Oklahoma. There is a small shop that I have stopped at several times without any success over the past but keep trying hoping for some luck. The shop owner likes her gambling so it isn't often the shop is actually open when I pass through this small town but on this day I could see her lights were on. Shelley and I made our way through the various rooms and found several other items that we wanted and began to check out when I noticed a door in the back of the shop opened that had not been open on my other visits. After peeking in I found lots of other "stuff" to wade through and eventually found this bottle up on a shelf stuck with several other bottles. After retrieving it I stepped out and asked how much the owner wanted for the piece and she came up with the figure of $3.00. Just proves that persistence will pay off some times. The stoppered bottle is a Myers designed Blenko #6727 and the rolled edge piece is a variant of the Blenko #6612. Both of these are Tangerine.

Hope you enjoy,

Bruce Specht



No comments: