Title

Heart of Glass - Blenko Glass

Blenko Glass is a West Virginia treasure that spans generations. Nothing symbolizes the state of West Virginia better or more beautifully than Blenko Glass. We will discuss current and former craftsmen and designers and how important it is that Blenko and West Virginia glass be appreciated and valued by the younger generation.

Tuesday, September 16, 2014

Myers flame stoppered optic decanters

HI Hillary,

More of my favorites in Tangerine optic glass. All of the stoppers are optic as well. These three are Joel Myers designs for Blenko from the sixties and early seventies. From the left is a Blenko #717, Blenko #6530-S, and Blenko #653.

Hope you enjoy,
Bruce Specht


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Vintage Tangerine. There is nothing better.
Bruce do you also purchase new glass?
Carolee

Anonymous said...

Carolee,
I do on occasion purchase new glass. It normally has been at receptions where I can get a piece signed or if there is a special color that I want for the collection. I have ordered several items over the years from the gift shop and was not necessarily pleased with the piece I received since you do so in the blind having only seen the catalog photo of what the piece should be. The hand made nature and variations in pieces and coloration can leave you wanting. I like having "eyes on" to inspect any piece that I am being asked to pay current retail prices. That said I don't get a lot of chance to purchase in my area since most of the dealers are several hours away from my tiny community. Maybe that will change or I will get a chance to travel to Milton in the near future.

Bruce Specht