Title

Heart of Glass - Blenko Glass

Blenko Glass is a West Virginia treasure that spans generations. Nothing symbolizes the state of West Virginia better or more beautifully than Blenko Glass. We will discuss current and former craftsmen and designers and how important it is that Blenko and West Virginia glass be appreciated and valued by the younger generation.

Saturday, October 04, 2014

Glass ID

Hello and thank you for taking the time to answer my questions. I have a Blenko daisy bowl (847) but as near as I can tell, I can't find the purple color listed in any of the catalogs. Is this just a cobalt variation or am I not looking in the correct catalog? I know the bowl was purchased in West Virginia sometime in the last few years, but not in the last two or three. I am interested in documenting when the bowl was produced and the official name of this color.

Thank you and I hope I haven't missed the obvious int he catalogs!

Tammy


 


5 comments:

penny said...

Am I excited that someone bought this machine made glass item?
Come on. What happen to photos of excellent glass.
Bruce...where forth art thou.

sweetdoc said...

Deep purple.

Anonymous said...

PLEASE RETURN TO DAILY POST.
MOUNTAIN RITA

Anonymous said...

Use to be called violet but colors or names change frequently due to problems with chemicals I would guess.
Cobalt is called cobalt but often its a bit more purplish
I have the 2012 - current catalog I'll check this for you.
Dr hilery and Dr v both work full time. I am a semi retired over 60 man with too much time on my hands.
George D.

Anonymous said...

I often buy this set - large bowl and 6 small for wedding gifts.
Best buy at Blenko VC.