Title

Heart of Glass - Blenko Glass

Blenko Glass is a West Virginia treasure that spans generations. Nothing symbolizes the state of West Virginia better or more beautifully than Blenko Glass. We will discuss current and former craftsmen and designers and how important it is that Blenko and West Virginia glass be appreciated and valued by the younger generation.

Sunday, February 04, 2007

Valentine's Day Gifts - Blenko of Course

Tim and Karin Alonzo of Texas created the X-mas Card below. . .yes, those are Blenko water bottles w/ handles. This week as a V-Day gift, a good friend framed the Xmas card for me. BLENKO GLASS shop at the Visitors Center, one of the Blenko dealers listed on their website or your local out door market. Warning: BLENKO LOVES BLENKO . . . .so you'll be back for more!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

wvuguy07,

If my husband bought me a nice piece of Blenko, it would definitely be romantic for me. He knows I love this glass. He knows that nothing would make me happier than having some Blenko glass. Flowers fade away and eventually are thrown out with yesterday's newspapers. Candy while sweet for the moment but then it's gone (or a lifetime on the hips). For me, I'd like a piece of Blenko, like a Rose piece or Raindrops. Better yet, a ruby piece. For however many years I have the piece, I will look at it and remember that my loving husband knew the way to my heart and made my valentine's day a memorable one. My husband has given me Blenko for our anniversary, for my birthday, and Christmas and I was never disappointed. Just goes to show you, different strokes for different folks. Glass may seem cold, but it starts out very hot.

K. Alonzo

Heart of Glass said...

Thank you Karin for responding. I never seem to have a 'special person' in my life on V-Day . . .but I do think receiving BLENKO on any occassion (or giving Blenko) is most appropriate. Ruby Blenko is anything but COLD...and impersonal...I think of Ruby glass as very 'hot'.
HJH