Title

Heart of Glass - Blenko Glass

Blenko Glass is a West Virginia treasure that spans generations. Nothing symbolizes the state of West Virginia better or more beautifully than Blenko Glass. We will discuss current and former craftsmen and designers and how important it is that Blenko and West Virginia glass be appreciated and valued by the younger generation.

Monday, April 02, 2007

BLENKO at the AKC - PA Kennel Club Match


We are headed back to Morgantown - SPRING BREAK (where did the time go?) completed, we now await the SUMMER BREAK!
This weekend Mordi, Ms B and I went to the Western Pa. AKC Kennel Club Dog Show, over 1,600 dogs were entered. I may be 'bias' but none more beautiful than Ms. B and Mordi.
Ms B and Mordi are rescue dogs - SMALL PAW RESCUE@ handles only Bichon Frise. There are hundreds of rescue groups - dealing with most any bred of dog and cats. If you are considering a new four legged member of your family. Check out SMALL PAWS RESCUE or one of the rescue groups. Statistics regarding 'throw away' and homeless dogs are shamefully large and growing. When you accept an animal into your home it should be as a 12 -14 year commitment.
IF you aren't certain about making such a 'big' commitment, considering FOSTERING, SMALL PAWS RESCUE currently has a need for FOSTER HOMES in the Tri - State area, FOSTER Families are needed in HUNTINGTON, PROCTORVILLE, MILTON, or Barboursville. SMALL PAWS has an interactive website. My own family has volunteered with SMALL PAWS for a number of years. I can tell you all the money donated to SMALL PAWS goes for vet care, and other expenses related to the animal.
I write most exclusively about BLENKO GLASS and will be posting photos of the BLENKO GLASS we saw while in Pa.
Several 'lucky dogs' had great BLENKO salad bowls as their watering and food bowls. At the MELTING POT - Station Square during dinner I spotted three floral arrangements in BLENKO GLASS. We also visited the HUNT STAIN GLASS STUDIO and will be posting photos and sharing stories about the visit.
hjh

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi, Hillary,
I enjoyed very much reading about The Blenko Project and your
involvement with Small Paws® Rescue. I am on the SPR Board of
Directors, and I have 5 Bichons, 3 of whom were SPR foster babies. I
also have a good friend who works at Marshall University in the
Registrar's office, so I was happy to learn more about Blenko and the
glass made in the area. I'd love to visit there at some point.
We appreciate your "passion" for Bichons and for the work of Small
Paws®, and we especially appreciate your helping to make Small Paws®
more visible in your area. I'll forward your newsletter to my friend,
Elizabeth Hanrahan, at Marshall. She's not much of a "dog person", but
she'll enjoy reading about Blenko, I'm sure.
Thanks for sending this to Robin.

Cindy Leigh
Oxford, MS

MS Team Leader and SPR Board of Directors

Anonymous said...

OH I get it the Dog is named Blenko aka Ms B.

Tammy Clark said...

Great post!!

Anonymous said...

How can I find more information about Small Paws and taking care of a homeless dog?
Are these the fluffy dogs that won at Westminister?
Jill

Heart of Glass said...

Thank you for stopping by Tammy.
Tammy Clark write THE DOG BLOG here at the Huntington Herald - if you are a 'dog lover' or animal lover her blog is a must read.
hjh

Anonymous said...

Thanks for mentioning SmallPaws Rescue in your blog! I've been a member of SPR for years, and know what wonderful work is done for the dogs, and I have an adopted SPR bichon myself!