Title

Heart of Glass - Blenko Glass

Blenko Glass is a West Virginia treasure that spans generations. Nothing symbolizes the state of West Virginia better or more beautifully than Blenko Glass. We will discuss current and former craftsmen and designers and how important it is that Blenko and West Virginia glass be appreciated and valued by the younger generation.

Thursday, April 26, 2007

Blenko Glass


Milred Preiser of Twin Fork (?) wrote to ask for photos of Cats made by Blenko. This is a photo of the most 'collectible' cat made by BLENKO. There are many others - if you have a photo of a BLENKO CAT please send, so that we might post.
Last week I noticed Blenko Visitors Center (304 743 9081) has a number of CAT paper weights and book ends. hjh

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

HILLARY
I HAVE A QUESTION NOT ABOUT GLASS
MY SON IS GRADUATING NEXT WEEK
WE APPLIED FOR MANY SCHOLARSHIPS ONE IS THE FOUNDATION HE HASN'T HEARD TELL ME HOW YOU WON THIS SCHOLARSHIP
WHAT WE CAN DO TO ENHANCE OUR CHANCES AND WHAT THE 'VALUE' IS OF THE SCHOLARSHIP? DID IT OPEN DOORS FOR YOU?
JAMES DOTSON
HUNTINGTON

Heart of Glass said...

Wow! First I recommend reading all the information available at the scholarship website.
The Foundation Scholarship is valued at over 50K and I don't know chances but they give 5 each year. . .I didn't advertise the fact that I was a Foundation Scholar - For me a main value was becoming close with the administrative staff at the University and the Foundation Staff - I felt as if they were an extended family. Also the dinners at the Presidents Home - for me these were 'highlights' ... and of course the 'Blenko Project' during my undergrad time at WVU.
The HONORS OFFICE or Bryan Hoover could probably answer any / all questions you might have. Give them a call. The one thing no one tells you about WVU is if YOU ASK someone will HELP! I found WVU to be very user friendly. hjh

Anonymous said...

U R Too thin to speak about food in this way.
Jane N.

Unknown said...

I have this cat vase in gray is it worth anything?