Title

Heart of Glass - Blenko Glass

Blenko Glass is a West Virginia treasure that spans generations. Nothing symbolizes the state of West Virginia better or more beautifully than Blenko Glass. We will discuss current and former craftsmen and designers and how important it is that Blenko and West Virginia glass be appreciated and valued by the younger generation.

Monday, August 06, 2007

Blenko Friends


These are some of our Texas Blenko Friends

As my wife and I prepare to leave on our road trip to West Virginia for the Blenko Collectors Convention. I wish my friends who are already there or are on the road a very safe and pleasant journey. Really, when you boil our hobby down to its basic elements, it's our friendships and acquaintances that make our hobby so enjoyable. Friends who understand your passion, and share your excitement over a new find, or share your disappointment over the piece you missed out on. Friends who freely share knowledge and experiences. Hope to see you all at the convention.


"Friends have all things in common."
- Plato

-Tim

6 comments:

Heart of Glass said...

TIM, Karin, TEXAS COLLECTORS (new Friends),
You do not know how much they mean to me, my friends, and how, how rare and strange it is, to find in a life composed so much of odds and ends… to find a friend who has these qualities, who has, and gives those qualities upon which friendship lives. How much it means that I say this to you -without these friendships - life, what cauchemar!”TS Eliot

Anonymous said...

Hillary
I also like TS Eliot. I have 2 first editons.
Tim,
R U in this photo? Texas group is large, no wonder Hillary is so pro texas.
Do you also follow sports?
When will you arrive? If I come it'll be saturday - sunday are these good days?
Solomon

Anonymous said...

HILLARY
YOU AREN'T GOING TO THE BCS CONVENTION. WHY?
WE HAVE FOLLOWED THIS BLOG NEARLY A YEAR - BLENKO CHEERLEADER AND NOW YOU BOW OUT?
EXPLAINATON IS DUE
OR AN APPEARANCE IN COURT
WVUGUY07

Anonymous said...

If you haven't seen this already, I wanted to share my fundraising
trailer for my documentary "Them That Work." I am still shooting, and
in fact have some big shoots across West Virginia the next two weeks
before I head back to New York City, but I wanted to let people see
what I've done so far.

Thank you to everyone that's helped and supported this so far.
Much more is to come.

Jason Brown
(trailer here --->) http://www.pewterproductions.com/

Heart of Glass said...

Jason,
I am so ver PROUD and you and your work! WVa Filmm maker, Professor
you are a very accomplished and awesome friend.
In a perfect world the funding for these wonderful projects would not be an issue. Somedaiy my friend this will be true for you, your work continues to receive awards.
Ya know Jason, if somehow you could do a film that focused on those wonderful WVa Glass makers from the 50s (smile). Hillary

Heart of Glass said...

WVU GUY 07
aka George ?
I am responding to this as you
were not the only one to +question
my
being out of town during the BCS
convention.
A group of friends and I make a yearly pilgrimage
to Chicago - for nearly six years. The eight of us
spend 5 days in the ' windy city '.
Blenko is a major interest for me, but I also
love Vintage Cars, jazz, Big Band Music, Old Films,
Most all Films, Theater and so many others things. . .
so BLENKO is Not my entire life.
THE BCS Conference is a wonderful event -
the 100
+ members are all devoted advocates of
BLENKO GLASS.
The Blog will continue in my short absence
and I will check the Blenko Project Mail every other
evening -
hjh