Title

Heart of Glass - Blenko Glass

Blenko Glass is a West Virginia treasure that spans generations. Nothing symbolizes the state of West Virginia better or more beautifully than Blenko Glass. We will discuss current and former craftsmen and designers and how important it is that Blenko and West Virginia glass be appreciated and valued by the younger generation.

Wednesday, August 29, 2007

New Construction at BLENKO GLASS

Heavy Duty Equipment in the Blenko Parking Lot - What does it mean?
That was the question.

The answer. If you shop the BLENKO GLASS VISITORS CENTER you may remember in times of rain or snow, there is often a little (some times not so little) puddle of water near the
flower beds or door..... well, the Heavy Duty Equipment - - - and the dozen or so men with the equipment plan to correct that problem.
I will be in Charleston for the Labor Day Holiday, and plan to drive down, take photographs and get additional information. So check back and we'll have the complete story of the repair.
This repair will not STOP THE BLENKO GLASS LABOR DAY VISITORS CENTER SALE!
Plan to Visit the Blenko Glass Visitors Shop during Labor Day - - - the Parking Lot has few extra ' things - whatever that equipment is called' but more than enough space for you to park while you shop for bargains!
Up to %70 percent off on many one of a kind items during the LABOR DAY WEEKEND SALE!
Blenko Glass, Glass made in West Virginia, by West Virginians. Phone 304 743 9081.
note: Glass Blowers are NOT working on weekends - so you will not be able to see the glass being made on a weekend visit.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

SO 0 0 0 Hillary
If I come down to Charleston
with my boat for that Regetta
which I plan to do.
If I go down to water the plants at BLENKO, will you agree to
meet me in Milton or at Blenko
for a Coke?
I'll have my aged Mother with me.
Solomon
ps only she knows the weed from the flower

Heart of Glass said...

Solomon
Just this once I am going to respond.
I don't date. I have no time for dating. I carry 24 hours, and I have a number of community involvements. However, if I did date. I would not date a person from the internet or this blog. I appreciate your watering as a volunteer with the Blenko Project.
Hillary
HJH

Anonymous said...

Hillary
I check the comments daily, as I like to see the verbal volley between you and Solomon. Reminds me of the old Folger's Coffee commericals.
Solomon's clinic is down the road from my home.
He is a good Vet and a good man, & as far as men who like large animals and dogs go a nice man. I prefer Cats.
Margie Hale

Anonymous said...

Ms. Homburg,
Once again we are in agreement with
Margie. While we do know the good Vet and his family, and we don't know you. We think perhaps we know your father and uncle, is your father known as Judge Homburg? We may have been in Law School at the same time.
am off subject - If you met Solomon at the football game - you might find him agreeable, and a likeable chap. We agree with you Ms Homburg that his on line behavior is often rude and offensive.
So enough from you Solomon.
Count my vote for you Hillary.
WVUGUY07

Anonymous said...

I HAVE A NON BLENKO QUESTION.
YOUR TEETH. DID YOU HAVE THEM DONE AT THE DENTAL SCHOOL? IN THE PHOTO THEY LOOK PERFECT!
IF THIS IS EXAMPLE OF DENTAL SCHOOL WORK.
ITS VERY GOOD.
SUE MULLINS
KENOVA

Heart of Glass said...

sue
Im not certain how your not Blenko
comment made it past the filter - but my teeth are Natural
braces by Kenneth Dolan of Charleston when I was 10 years old
and Dr. Duff Smith is my Family Dentist also of Charleston.
Thank you.
Good Smiles are product of Good and Early Dental Health!