Title

Heart of Glass - Blenko Glass

Blenko Glass is a West Virginia treasure that spans generations. Nothing symbolizes the state of West Virginia better or more beautifully than Blenko Glass. We will discuss current and former craftsmen and designers and how important it is that Blenko and West Virginia glass be appreciated and valued by the younger generation.

Monday, March 24, 2008

Blenko in Columbus OH

We spent Friday eating and shopping in Columbus, Ohio before an early Saturday morning flight to Las Vegas. My own family loves Columbus. For more than 30 years we’ve stayed at the Clairmont, a small family owned hotel on High Street in German Village - Columbus, Ohio (recently Clairmont was bought by a large Corporation - more about this at another time).


My family has a routine - we visit FRANKLIN ART GLASS located in German Village, KATZINGER’S DELI also in German Village and BOOK LOFT. We walk around German Village admiring the Glass and the Gardens then on to the Art Galleries on the Short North then eat at TASTE OF THAI or Indian Resturant in Kenny Mall, we also shopp the Eddie Baurer Outlet Store before leaving Columbus.
Columbus Ohio is a short drive from Huntington and Charleston also has great theater and makes for a great weekend roadtrip. I haven’t been but I understand the SEARS AND PENNYS OUTLETS are located in Columbus.


The Blenko Glass website lists four locations in Columbus that sell BLENKO GLASS.
This Morning I ask the Manager of the COLUMBUS AIRPORT about BLENKO GLASS he proudly pointed out 2 pieces of "BLENKO GLASS" in his space - I took the above photos - we’ll have to wait for Tim Alonzo or Tammie Kosla my Blenko experts to comfirm they are BLENKO, but you will agree it is beautiful glass.
When you read this, we are in VEGAS searching for BLENKO, Rest, Relaxation and
perhaps some great shopping.
Note: Written Saturday March 22

3 comments:

Dr.BOB said...

Often in Columbus
never at those places but I will
investigate and let you know if I agree with your assessments.
I did like German Villages
Firehouse Resturant but it closed long ago.

Unknown said...

looking for Blenko at Airport thats just great..

you know what Hillary whereever I go and whenever I see glass now its you and blenko that comes to my mind and thought smiling :)

Ram

KFAlooking4light said...

NO this is not Blenko Glass.