Title

Heart of Glass - Blenko Glass

Blenko Glass is a West Virginia treasure that spans generations. Nothing symbolizes the state of West Virginia better or more beautifully than Blenko Glass. We will discuss current and former craftsmen and designers and how important it is that Blenko and West Virginia glass be appreciated and valued by the younger generation.

Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Bichoff Glass

hilary

I have 2 boxes of glass my Mom marked as Bischoff Glass.

Is this a branch of Blenko Glass?

Where can I find values? The glass is from the 40s I believe.

Lindsey G.

Dallas



Lindsey,
Bischoff was located in Culloden, WVa. My suggestion is you
contact the West Virginia Museum of American Glass in Weston, WV www.wvmag.com.
Another resource is the Blenko Collectors Four , you might also google Bischoff and follow the various links.
If this doesn't answer your question, email theblenkoproject@aol.com send the photos and I'll try to find answers for you.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I collect Bischoff and if they are from the 40 50 s I 'll pay whatever you ask.
Sending my email address to Hillary.
Carl David Moore

glassbug said...

One more comment I comment no more than 4 or 5 times a year.
What is the word on Tammy K?
What is the word on Blenko Collectors?
Is Blenko out of the hole and successful now?
Also since you started filtering comments I miss Roxie's comments, she made me laugh, cry and want to scream frequently. One more suggestion
Allow untiltered comments for a month, if things get out of hand then stop the comments again.

Anonymous said...

Lidnsey
I want your glass
mdnvaswarup@gmail.com email me photos and price
do you take paypal?

Anonymous said...

glassbug
TK is divorced I heard during festival of glass, did not see her as she was off to lunch they said.
Blenko Collectors you need to contact Karen Alonzo of Texas for info about this.
Blenko is in deed out of the hole.
Blenko looked damn successful the week of festival of glass.
Roxie? I don't know Roxie.
I do agree glasslady should stop filtering comments.
Ted E.

estate man said...

I have two old Blenko lamps in my mothers estate. The fellow who looked at them told me they still had the shades on them that Blenko use to make at the factory. Would like to get an offer for the pair. can look anytime. Lindebhea@aol.com

Anonymous said...

estateman
What is the asking price?
can you either send photos or
provide me with an address?
mdnvaswarup@gmail.com

Anonymous said...

My check is in the mail thank you.
mdnvaswarup@gmail.com