Title

Heart of Glass - Blenko Glass

Blenko Glass is a West Virginia treasure that spans generations. Nothing symbolizes the state of West Virginia better or more beautifully than Blenko Glass. We will discuss current and former craftsmen and designers and how important it is that Blenko and West Virginia glass be appreciated and valued by the younger generation.

Friday, November 12, 2010

Blue & Gold Watercolor GO WEST VIRGINIA!

Hillary
At a tailgate a few weeks ago I saw some blue and gold bowls
not the ones with WVU logo but beautiful large bowls filled with
Chex Mix and Chips they were clear with blue and gold bands.
After some investigation I was told they were Blenko from Charleston, but the owner didn't know anything else.
What are they and how do I go about getting them?
These are nicer than the logo items. I would like to purchase 2 as a Xmas gift. I'm enclosing my charge card #.
Thank you.
Dr. Ralph Nelson
Dr. Nelson,
Check out the photo ( above) if this is the bowl you saw - they are made by Blenko ( a group of 3 different items ) the grouping was called WATERCOLOR .
Today I phoned, and while the item isn't being made, a vase in this design is available at the VC gift shop for $110. Also Mountain Made ( google) has this bowl for $160.
You might also phone: Kissin Kate's, The Ole Timey Shop, and any of the other nearby dealers. Ask about the Watercolor series.
Remember, when you want to purchase glass - phone 304 743 9081 I don't sell glass.
Hope this helps.
HJH

No comments: