Title

Heart of Glass - Blenko Glass

Blenko Glass is a West Virginia treasure that spans generations. Nothing symbolizes the state of West Virginia better or more beautifully than Blenko Glass. We will discuss current and former craftsmen and designers and how important it is that Blenko and West Virginia glass be appreciated and valued by the younger generation.

Monday, August 29, 2011

Blenko Glass

Blenko Glass www.blenkoglass.com.
This week Blenko has a coupon on the website for $off.
You may use this coupon on line or bring to the gift shop.
The clearance tables in back of gift shop - are filled with wonderful glass
some marked 75% off retail price.
You'll want to start your Holiday Shopping early, several blog readers suggest
checking the gift shop weekly.
Gretchen wrote she purchased a large fish and 2 Husted vases from
the clearance table for a total of $125.
Start your holiday shopping this week - make Blenko Glass your
first stop.
Buy Made In USA - Buy Local when possible!

4 comments:

sweetdoc said...

OK Today I will place an order.
You are correct Glasslady if we want to have WV and American Glass workers we must support
the industry by buying local.
I recently learn Fenton is importing from China, and the Indiana factory I buy from is importing from Mexico.
This leaves Blenko.
I urge each of you to purchase one item this month on line, and if possible go to visit the gift store
My group was going monthly until this summer.
We will return later to this tradition.
Don't let any shopkeeper, or rude behaviors keep you from returning. Report the issues.
During the Festival of Glass Mr Blenko told me he wants happy customers and he doesn't know of problems if we don't report.
So report in person and in writing not just emails.
My group will also do this.
May I also suggest you all go to the Weston
Glass event. Visit the Museum of American Glass
this will be a life altering experience.

sweetdoc said...

Thank you Hillary for monitoring comments
and eliminating negative.
I must admit I enjoy the catfighting, but new collectors may be turned off.

Dr.BOB said...

hilary
who removed photos due to infrigment?
What is this?
People have the right to use photos of their glass and glass they buy.
Is this you or the newspaper?
If you
you should know better.

DrAnnu said...

I can't get there, however, I did phone today and ask if fish, or hurricane lamps were on clearance table and ask for price.
The lady said " she didn't have time to do this kinda phone order, I must come in"
Wrong again Glassdoc.