Title

Heart of Glass - Blenko Glass

Blenko Glass is a West Virginia treasure that spans generations. Nothing symbolizes the state of West Virginia better or more beautifully than Blenko Glass. We will discuss current and former craftsmen and designers and how important it is that Blenko and West Virginia glass be appreciated and valued by the younger generation.

Monday, February 11, 2013

BLENKO - IRIS FOLDED CARDS



There have been some questions in the blog comments lately about my
non-Blenko iris folded cards.  I have done heart-shaped valentines, celtic
cross, coffee cups, a virtual beer for a friend who was deployed in
Afghanistan (a dry country in more ways than one), and an anniversary card
for my husband that featured a wine glass.  The Blenko water bottle shape
was something I had made for me by a commercial die-maker.  The hearts I cut
with a Spellbinders Nestabilities die (they have multiple shapes in
graduated sizes) for use with various die cutting machines - I use a
Cuttlebug.  All the other shapes were purchased pre-cut, and there are many
other shapes available.

I sell these cards in my Etsy shop:
http://www.etsy.com/shop/therenaissancewoman   I haven't listed anything
recently due to a death in the family and work constraints, but if you are
really interested, send me a conversation via the shop.  One card is $10.
Five or more are $9 each.  Ten or more are $8 each.  One to two cards will
ship together by First Class mail for $2.00, three to five cards will ship
together by flat rate Priority Mail envelope for $4.90. More than six cards,
please contact for flat rate Priority Mail rate for shipping and insurance.

I hope that helps answer the questions.











4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Impressive. These cards are beautiful.
Thank you Diane for following up to Dr Glass' post from yesterday.

Anonymous said...

JUST READ THIS WAS YOUR 3,000 POST.
AWESOME.
YOU ARE THE MOST CONSISTENT THING IN THE BLENKO LINE UP.
MOUNTAIN RITA

Anonymous said...

No one ask for favorites but I like the coffee
and the wine glass.

Anonymous said...

So many devoted to this Blenko Glass.