Heart of Glass - Blenko Glass
Blenko Glass is a West Virginia treasure that spans generations. Nothing symbolizes the state of West Virginia better or more beautifully than Blenko Glass. We will discuss current and former craftsmen and designers and how important it is that Blenko and West Virginia glass be appreciated and valued by the younger generation.
Tuesday, March 12, 2013
UrbanGlass (Brooklyn, NY) seeks Studio Head Technician
UrbanGlass Studio seeks Head Technician
UrbanGlass is seeking a Studio Head Technician to organize and maintain a safe, efficient, and positive studio environment for renters and students. The studio includes hot, cold, flame, neon, kiln, stained glass, and mold shops.
UrbanGlass is completing a full-scale renovation of the studio. The Head Technician will have the chance to become a part of the UrbanGlass team during this exciting project. The job will start before the studio reopens to the public, with installation of the renovated hot shop. Understanding of the equipment and studio will be first-hand and intimate.
Regular duties will include, but are not limited to:
· Interact daily with the Director of Operations to plan and review activities.
· Maintain, repair and/or fabricate tools and equipment to assure a safe, efficient and effective facility.
· Manage a clean and organized studio.
· Oversee the UrbanGlass Technical staff: preparing daily agendas and monthly work schedules; including daily cleaning, maintenance, and charging furnaces.
· Support periodic gallery exhibition installation and removal, as well as in-house and outside events.
· Communicate actively with studio renters and students; problem solving and scheduling to accommodate a stress free working studio environment.
It is preferred, but not required that the applicant have background in managing a glass studio. Basic knowledge of machinery, hand tools, electrical and plumbing systems is beneficial. The capacity to communicate effectively with co-workers and excellent customer service is a must.
This position will start as part-time temporary on May 1, 2013 during installation, with the opportunity to become full-time permanent when the studio re-opens in late Fall 2013. Compensation will be based on previous experience and qualifications.
Please email your cover letter and resume indicating your interest and qualifications for the position to firstname.lastname@example.org . Please use the subject title, “UrbanGlass Studio Head Technician: Your Name” Applications should be received by March 27, 2013