Title

Heart of Glass - Blenko Glass

Blenko Glass is a West Virginia treasure that spans generations. Nothing symbolizes the state of West Virginia better or more beautifully than Blenko Glass. We will discuss current and former craftsmen and designers and how important it is that Blenko and West Virginia glass be appreciated and valued by the younger generation.

Tuesday, June 02, 2015

Predesigner Ruffle Vase from Bruce

Predesigner Ruffle Vase

As you are well aware by now I really enjoy finding the older designs of Blenko such as these examples of Predesigner vases. From the left is the Blenko #388 Footed ruffle vase in Lemon, Blenko #389 Ruffle topped vase in Ruby, and the Blenko #390 vase in Turquoise. I have several examples of the 388's and 390's but this is only the second #389 I have been able to locate and purchase. Ruby is always plus for any Blenko that I can find.

 Hope this will help your readers find one for their collections as well.

> Bruce Specht

3 comments:

annu said...

How do I learn more about Bruce S. And his B lemon? Does he collect other glass?

annu said...

How do I learn more of Bruce S and his collection? Does he sell glass?

Anonymous said...

Annu, I do not sell glass in general. I collect only Blenko now but I sometimes do find some other great art glass while searching for Blenko. There is a little information and my collection on the Blenko project website under "Collections". You can go back through the old blog posts and see many of the pieces that I have been fortunate enough to find over the past fourteen years of collecting. Our collection has grown to the point that I am trying to enjoy it through my photography. Shelley and I agree I have almost reached the maximum number I can display in an uncluttered fashion. I currently post new photos on a regular basis on the Blenko collectors Facebook page which you can join too. It is a closed group overseen by Jim Heffner, a collector from Florida.