Title

Heart of Glass - Blenko Glass

Blenko Glass is a West Virginia treasure that spans generations. Nothing symbolizes the state of West Virginia better or more beautifully than Blenko Glass. We will discuss current and former craftsmen and designers and how important it is that Blenko and West Virginia glass be appreciated and valued by the younger generation.

Wednesday, June 10, 2015

Reader Has 80, 81, 82, 83, 84 and other WV Bday Vases for Sale

Hello.
Hillery I have about 20 WV Birthday Vases I need to sell.
My gmom was a collector she didn't go every year but she did have the first five and many others.
I'd like to have 1500$ for 80, 81, and $1000 for 82 - 85.  The others I'd like 500 to 850 for each piece, she has all the Bayliss pieces and many from the 90s . 
I'll try to send photos.
If there are collectors who wish to purchase I would like to know.
Do you think these prices are too high?  My gmom had written on a note that she turned down $1500 for 80 and and later turned down 1500 for 81
but perhaps prices have dropped?
Anna

Dear Anna,
   The value of glass / Blenko is determined by what the purchaser is willing to pay.  I have direct knowledge of a 1980 selling for $1650 in 1999.   We don't buy and sell glass at the www.blenkoproject.org  we do assist often readers and collectors with completing their collections by
connecting buyer with seller.
    Rehoming Blenko you no longer want or use is a good thing!
Please send photos and I'll post them here and forward you response from any interested person.
    Good Luck!   We have collectors needing 90 91 and 81 immediately.  I'll post this on the blog and forward you any email contacts.  Did your g-mom collect other WV Glass?
Hillary 
 
 
 


2 comments:

~Vintageshopgirl said...

Hi Hillary - could you connect me with Anna? I would be interested in all as a set.

Thanks, Beth

~Vintageshopgirl said...

Hi Hillary - could you connect me with Anna? I would be interested in all as a set.

Thanks, Beth