Title

Heart of Glass - Blenko Glass

Blenko Glass is a West Virginia treasure that spans generations. Nothing symbolizes the state of West Virginia better or more beautifully than Blenko Glass. We will discuss current and former craftsmen and designers and how important it is that Blenko and West Virginia glass be appreciated and valued by the younger generation.

Friday, May 27, 2016

EVEN MORE ....Texas Glass. Blenko in Texas

Thank you Bruce.  I have yet to see in person the vineyard collection...it photographs extremely well.   We feel fortunate to have you and Shelley share your photos with us HJH 
Husted Vineyard
Hi Hillary,

I will let this be the last photo for today. Still have another three in my draft box but Shelley will be home soon and I need to take care of other business. This grouping is one of my favorites due to their color and design. All these are Husted "Vineyard" series pieces. The color is that ever elusive '61 Charcoal which I really enjoy. From the left you have the Blenko # 6047-P pitcher, a Blenko # 614 decanter and a Blenko #6046 vase. Shelley gave the mirror to me last January for my birthday and I have been really enjoying the effect it has in presenting these pieces from our collection. The reflection allows the viewer to see the piece from more than one angle which helps to distinguish the shape of bodies. Plus it is just plain "cool".

Hope you enjoy as well,
Bruce Specht 

No comments: