Title

Heart of Glass - Blenko Glass

Blenko Glass is a West Virginia treasure that spans generations. Nothing symbolizes the state of West Virginia better or more beautifully than Blenko Glass. We will discuss current and former craftsmen and designers and how important it is that Blenko and West Virginia glass be appreciated and valued by the younger generation.

Sunday, May 01, 2016

Husted '63 Miniature


Heart of Glass Blog - welcomes photos of your collections.

Our Readers are mostly new collectors - seeing photos of items from 40's to 90's is a treat for them.  I'm a long time Blenko Fanatic and even today, photos of The Specht Collection excites me.
Susazanne B.  writes often to say she prints out the photos and keeps them in a binder to use when she travels and visits vintage or trash to treasure shops.
HJH




Hi Doc,

One of the more recent searches I have going on is to collect a full set of Husted '63 miniatures. So far I have managed to find three of the six designs. On the left is the Blenko #63B1 in Tangerine, a Blenko #63A1 in Turquoise, and a Blenko #63B2 in Amethyst. The taller vase in the back is a non catalog vase that has the Blenko etched signature and a nice optic body in Tangerine. Since this series of miniatures only appear in the '63 catalog I will have quite the challenge in collecting all of the group. All of the mini's are just over six inches tall. I did get a chance to see one of the other designs in Bob and Terry's collection in Dallas recently so I know they are out there if I keep my eyes open.]

Hope you enjoy,
Bruce Specht

Please check out Blenko Project webpages: Blenko Designers
Husted 63 Miniatures - Specht Collection Texas
 

No comments: