Title

Heart of Glass - Blenko Glass

Blenko Glass is a West Virginia treasure that spans generations. Nothing symbolizes the state of West Virginia better or more beautifully than Blenko Glass. We will discuss current and former craftsmen and designers and how important it is that Blenko and West Virginia glass be appreciated and valued by the younger generation.

Saturday, October 06, 2007

EAT PRAY LOVE

Last week Margie sent an email asking if I saw the Elizabeth Gilbert interview and if the
glass was BLENKO. I didn't see the interview.
I recently read the book. Yes! Its another book chosen by OPRAH. Gilbert is a frequent contributor to GQ and wrote (a book I loved) THE LAST AMERICAN MAN. This book
EAT PRAY LOVE has been around for a while but found me last weekend. It was a great read - one woman's twelve month journey to heal from emotional and spiritual crisis.
The Author travels to Italy (eat) India (pray) and Bali (love) the book is a travel log. Witty, introspective, downright funny at times. The book is about not settling for less than the best. About listening to your hearts desires, and following your own path.
Margie tells me that there are now travel agencies in New York City who offer a 90 day trip where you replicate (shorter version) her trip. Interesting how often we want to follow anther's path - instead of searching for our own.
The author doesn't suggest you rush off to Italy or India or Bali - she does offer one suggestion: Keep a daily journal and each morning ask your self "what do I want?"
At the end of the day ask your self " what was my happiest moment today" and take time each day to be grateful for the day.

The importance of love, the spirit. Today I'm in Charleston for my Popaws' 80+ birthday lunch - in my own life,
family remains very important (West Virginians seem to share this trait)- I cherish times like today where my own small family, my uncles, my aunt and my parents come together to celebrate family and share food. hjh

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hillary
The girls in my office
had this book during the
summer. Not for men. If
you want a wide audience find
books for both sex.
Solomon
ps My family is very large
but also loving. Sweet
article! Careful we might thing
you have a soft side.

andreendo said...

Come to NYC
its all here -
you don't need
to travel to
Italy
India
or Bali
AE

Heart of Glass said...

Guys
thanks for commenting. Men and
Women - Oprah calls them Real Men
are enjoying this book.
Solomon I do want to increase interest in BLenko so any suggestions you have are welcome.
RE: NYC- Charleston WV has most everything I need - - but I do share your love of NYC andre!
hjh