Title

Heart of Glass - Blenko Glass

Blenko Glass is a West Virginia treasure that spans generations. Nothing symbolizes the state of West Virginia better or more beautifully than Blenko Glass. We will discuss current and former craftsmen and designers and how important it is that Blenko and West Virginia glass be appreciated and valued by the younger generation.

Sunday, February 17, 2008

Water Bottles in new 2008 colors

Pictured below are water bottles in all the beautiful colors from Blenko's 2007-2008 line.


If you haven't started a BLENKO GLASS (www.blenkoglass.com or www.blenkoproject.org) Collection, may I suggest you consider the classic BLENKO WATER BOTTLE. Collect all colors and styles. Great point to enter, start a collection now for yourself, your grandchild, Uncle Reemas, or the kids. Water bottles are inexpensive - can often be found at the Visitors Center for less than $20.


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

That looks like a good way to start collecting Blenko. My sister's collect teddy Bears amd Humble's and little figure's of people and animals. Would like to see what small figure's they have. What is in store for Easter? I collect Ladies, religious things and Hummingbirds. Would like to have stain glass maybe I will get to take a class sometime. Would like information on the stain glass classes. I also like the table lamps. Hope they make more pink. MY thinking is to start small, you can set it anywhere.

Heart of Glass said...

1) lamps are available at the VC often price from $100 - $1l75.
They are also on ebay, purple moon (charleston) Blenko Gallery (on line) and many other places...look around decide what you want.
2) I have not heard about PINK being made again - if I do you'll be the first to know.
3) YES Water bottle is a great entry item for collecting.
4) Stain Glass Classes - check out TAYLORS BOOK STORE Charleston, or if you are near Milton phone 304 743 9081 and ask for Don Lemley.
Good Luck - thanks for commenting!

WV Janis said...

I wanted to send a couple of pictures but forgot how I did it last time. One is of my water bottles prominently displayed in my house. They won't attach to this comment box and I don't see an e-mail address. Suggestions?

Thanks,

WV Janis

Heart of Glass said...

WVJanis
Send photos to theblenkoproject@aol.com
and I'll publish, I'd love to have photos of your blenko.
I probably neeed to make that annonucement and explain the process (theblenkoproject!@aol.com) to others - Thanks for reading and for commenting, and for collecting BLENKO!
HJH