Title

Heart of Glass - Blenko Glass

Blenko Glass is a West Virginia treasure that spans generations. Nothing symbolizes the state of West Virginia better or more beautifully than Blenko Glass. We will discuss current and former craftsmen and designers and how important it is that Blenko and West Virginia glass be appreciated and valued by the younger generation.

Thursday, May 01, 2008

WV Birthday 1994


This unusual, textured pitcher matches the 93 in color and form. Another Hank Adams design.

Very collectible, not easy to find. I've seen this one in a South Charleston shop for $550. My friend Ann Wood always has the 94' on her dining room table with flowers (she does not collect Blenko or Birthday), she just loves the color purple and likes Hank Adams designs.
Note: Photo from Blenko Collectors 4

2 comments:

Dr.BOB said...

Purple and gold, not exactly West Virginia colors (blue/gold) but what my better half would call 'a charming combination.'

Anonymous said...

I love purple and gold, use to be my high school colors the panthers of Charlestown, WV. My next favorite colors are blue and gold. GO WVU!