1) A BLENKO COLLECTOR recently had a Breast Cancer scare - she may have been saved by a mammogram being done in time.... If you have not had a mammogram in the last year please get one this week! If you can't afford one phone your local health department and ask about a reduced/free of cost mamogram. Early detection is KEY! www.nlm.nih.gov/medlineplus/breastcancer Breast cancer affect one in eight women in their life time.
2) What BLOGS do I READ?
I must admit I do not regularly read blogs - twice a month I catch the following blogs -
(1) THIS IS NOT MY BLOG
(2) & (3)I love 2 of the Herald's blogs and actually learn from both -
Hot Topics: Taxes. Litter. The cost of living. Anything that makes news in the Tri-State is worth a thought or two.
The Drawing Board Interested in illustration? Drawing images that accompany news stories is a privilege that news illustrator Thomas Marsh relishes. Here’s a chance to look over his shoulder and see how he does it.
(4)http://justamodernguy.com/ - Great blog from the fabulous Purple Moon
(5)WV Bloggers website
(6) ADA Website - I visit weekly
(7) A wonderful new BLOG by Tim Alonzo (Texas Blenko Collector)called Collecting BLENKO this will be a blog I check more than once a week.
3) Clubs - Organizations and where to Donate My Glass? The questions are what clubs or organizations should I join and where can I donate my glass? Wow! This depends on the amount of $$ you have and what your interest are. Many online things are free - Damon Crane offers a free newsletter, and many on line groups and newsletters are free. Check this out! IF you are reading this - I will assume you collect BLENKO and suggest you immediately try to join the BLENKO COLLECTORS SOCIETY and also the WV MUSEUM OF GLASS (Weston, WV) both memberships come with links to website - newsletters and a wealth of information. DONATIONS- Re read my disclaimer - I am a student with little knowledge - my first recommendation is to get an appraisal. Then carefully select an appropriate home for your glass. WV Museum of Glass - the West Virginia Division of Culture and History are the places one might consider. Start now - planning- it takes time.
Good luck! hjh