Title

Heart of Glass - Blenko Glass

Blenko Glass is a West Virginia treasure that spans generations. Nothing symbolizes the state of West Virginia better or more beautifully than Blenko Glass. We will discuss current and former craftsmen and designers and how important it is that Blenko and West Virginia glass be appreciated and valued by the younger generation.

Wednesday, April 08, 2009

Official Word on 2009 WV BIRTHDAY Blenko Vase


The first official word on the 2009 West Virginia Birthday Vase made by Blenko Glass came today.

Christy of Blenko reports the sale will again be held at the Milton, West Virginia Gift Shop it will be on SATURDAY. Mark your calendar now and check the website http://www.blenkoglass.com/ and this blog for future news. We'll post a photo or artistic drawing when its available.


**Photo of a vintage WV Birthday / Blenko Vase.

9 comments:

Phani said...

Which Saturday? This coming saturday?

Phani said...

Nevermind, i found the Birthdate for WV: June 20th which is Saturday this yr.

I do believe there would be limited pieces available for purchase, when would they be available for purchase online? I would like to buy this for someone special in VA.

Anonymous said...

These are NEVER available online.
You can only get them by standing in line and they are usually gone within 30 minutes of opening

Anonymous said...

Sorry, I don't think you can buy the brithday vase on line. I think you have to go to the VC. on june 20 of each year. And what I have hear they sell very fast, most of the time they are gone in a hour or so.
They only make one for ever year the wv has been a state so I know it will be less than 150.

Anonymous said...

LET US SEE IF BLENKO IS
"STILL STANDING ON JUNE 20th WITH A WORK CREW" BEFORE WE MAKE RESERVATIONS.
AND PHANI WITH THE NEW YOUNG HIP ADMIN I BET THEY SELL THE THINGS ON LINE ALSO.
IT WILL MAKE MORE $$ AND WHO CARES ABOUT TRADITION FOR THE LAST VASE?
MOUNTAIN RITA

Anonymous said...

I was able to get a few of these from on line and local shops I now have a dozen
and I am a Doc on a mission I will have the entire collection within the next year
Hear me ROAR!
Hilary did you find out when the furniture sale is at top of rock? also how much for the house? I could commute to huntington - we now drive 35 miles and hubby drives 62 so we can live out his dream - a farm-.

susan said...

I continue to look for older bday vases?
If you hear of any needing a new home, 2 of us are now collecting.

susan said...

Oh by the way I heard they will do bday vases on line this year!
Check this out glasslady.

Anonymous said...

Anonymous said...
LET US SEE IF BLENKO IS
"STILL STANDING ON JUNE 20th WITH A WORK CREW" BEFORE WE MAKE RESERVATIONS.
AND PHANI WITH THE NEW YOUNG HIP ADMIN I BET THEY SELL THE THINGS ON LINE ALSO.
IT WILL MAKE MORE $$ AND WHO CARES ABOUT TRADITION FOR THE LAST VASE?
MOUNTAIN RITA

3:22 AM, April 09, 2009

Now I must say to this ..where is the positive attitude and support of Blenko??? It's employees have been very loyal and hard working.
Do you have inside info that the public or Blenko employees dont have to think they may not be open for the Bday piece?????Or that this will be the Last???????????????