Title

Heart of Glass - Blenko Glass

Blenko Glass is a West Virginia treasure that spans generations. Nothing symbolizes the state of West Virginia better or more beautifully than Blenko Glass. We will discuss current and former craftsmen and designers and how important it is that Blenko and West Virginia glass be appreciated and valued by the younger generation.

Sunday, October 10, 2010

Nickerson Design/Mold?


I have a very unique piece that I think could be a very rare find! My wife and I are adding it to our collection and we have been in contact with John Nickerson. His signature was on the back, and after sending photos he confirmed that he indeed did make this piece. He went on to tell me that this piece is a plaster mold used to make an aluminum mold which is then used to make paperweights or bookends. Since he worked for Blenko so long ago he has a hard time remembering exactly what this was. He claimed it may have been a special order which was then used to make the piece. If the piece was ever put into production after the customer approved it has yet to be discovered.

If you have ever seen a piece that could have been made from this mold, or have any contacts you can ask I’d love to know any information we can find out! We consider it an honor to have such a unique piece, and to be in contact with John Nickerson himself! Any additional information you could help me find would be terrific. I have searched the web with a fine toothed comb and I haven’t found anything. I hope we can find something out together!

Thanks

Gary Kopp

Heart of Ohio Antique Center
Antiques Online at The Heart
www.heartofohioantiques.biz
Mr Kopp
We spoke with Shorty Finley who has some recollection of
work being done for the PlayBoy. Shorty may have some of the
original Nickerson drawings - if these surface I'll let you know. hjh

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Playboy is really a stretch
come on Hilary.

Anonymous said...

Hilary
For the period of now to Xmas I'll give 10 cents to your favorite to canine charity of your choice for each heart of glass follower
let me know.
Sol

Dr.BOB said...

Is this item for sale?

Dr.BOB said...

Hilary
I 'll become a follower.

Heart of Glass said...

Sol
I will contact Lily's Hope in Monroeville Pa if they are willing to accept your donation I will
accept the challenge.
I warn you there are a LOT of Bichon lovers in the area.
Hillary

Anonymous said...

What is a follower?