Title

Heart of Glass - Blenko Glass

Blenko Glass is a West Virginia treasure that spans generations. Nothing symbolizes the state of West Virginia better or more beautifully than Blenko Glass. We will discuss current and former craftsmen and designers and how important it is that Blenko and West Virginia glass be appreciated and valued by the younger generation.

Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Where Did All The Pumpkins Go?


Paula B
wrote to say, " I went to Blenko Glass early Monday morning to buy Pumpkins for an office Halloween Party. There were no pumpkins available, where did all the pumpkins go?"
Paula,
A quick check with Blenko and I learn there are a couple small pumpkins ( not orange) on a table in the middle of the store.
Each year the Blenko Glass Pumpkins become more popular. Next year - plan to go in September for the largest and best selection. Ruby K who follows the blog - suggest the PUMPKIN FESTIVAL in Milton ( google this) as the best place to purchase glass pumpkins. She reports there are thousands each year at this festival.
One of my Blenko pumpkins broke during the move back to WV so next fall I'll be right there in line to purchase a unique Blenko Glass pumpkin. Paula I also love the Blenko orange, however the golden pumpkins are very popular with the HGTV decorators.
Happy Halloween! Do anyone else love candy corn?
hjh

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

RE: candy corn
and Blenko
both addictive items I also like
candy corns and I'm thankful they are available only in the fall.
Quote for my blog friends.
If the longing arises, the longing genuinely arises in you, really when your heart cries wanting to know; when you know the pain of ignorance, when you really know the pain of ignorance,
then a Master arises.
-Sadhguru

Anonymous said...

I like candy corn so much I tried to freeze the stuff, bad mistake.
It is pure sugar chemicals - you can't cook with it, bake with it or freeze it
I think this stuff could not be healthy
I also think I'll have a couple more bags today after I go to the gym.
Paul J.

Anonymous said...

go up to osburns he has some pumpkins left.

Anonymous said...

Osburn Glass
has hundreds of pumpkins

arizona auto glass said...

Candy Corn is one of my alltime favorites. But now that I am watching my diet it's harder to enjoy.

Anonymous said...

Doc Glass
A dentist who eats candy corn?
My dentist eats only apples so he says.
He weights over 200 lbs
but he has great teeth ones that nightly go beside his bed table.
Paul J.