Title

Heart of Glass - Blenko Glass

Blenko Glass is a West Virginia treasure that spans generations. Nothing symbolizes the state of West Virginia better or more beautifully than Blenko Glass. We will discuss current and former craftsmen and designers and how important it is that Blenko and West Virginia glass be appreciated and valued by the younger generation.

Monday, July 31, 2017

Blenko Glass. Blenko Glass Blog . Heart of Glass. " The Blenko Family!"


Dr. Homburg  always says:  " Everyone is Blenko  family", please always respond to letters as if you were responding to your favorite aunt or uncle, be kind and be honest, if you don't know...say so...they'll understand...but also say you'll TRY to find the answer.  People who love Blenko...come in all sizes, all flavors and the collections can be vast or just a couple of ash trays but they are LOVED and cherished by the collector.
This email published with permission name distorted is an example of a family...collecting and loving Blenko as we do,  and as you do. 
Janette if your grandmother made it to Blenko I hope you take her to visit Dean Six and get photos of her for this blog.
Sandy


 14:37, "Janette x" <kentucky77777@gmail.com> wrote:
I was reading an article online and thought I would share with you a few scrap pieces that I own. They've been in my family for over 50 years my grandmother lives in Kentucky and had been collecting scraps for a very long time. I am not sure but I believe she knew someone very long time ago that work there that used to bring them to her. Our family has always loved the Blenko glass and I am planning to bring my 89 year old grandmother to the facility soon so she can see a tour and glass blowing. She held onto these scrap pieces for many many years and I will now continue on the tradition. These are only a few pieces but these are some of the larger ones I have. Keep up the great work!

Sincerely
Janette

No comments: