Title

Heart of Glass - Blenko Glass

Blenko Glass is a West Virginia treasure that spans generations. Nothing symbolizes the state of West Virginia better or more beautifully than Blenko Glass. We will discuss current and former craftsmen and designers and how important it is that Blenko and West Virginia glass be appreciated and valued by the younger generation.

Friday, January 26, 2007

First Piece of BLENKO - You Respond

Good morning

Wow! What a project! I will be glad to contribute a little if you want..... My mother got me started in collecting Blenko, and most of my pieces are "seconds". However, back in the 50's she got a picture of herself and her classroom in the "old" high school published in the Journal of the National Education Association, and she was very proud to display some pieces of Blenko in the classroom that her former students had made and given her. She loved Blenko, and also, another small glass maker from Culloden called "Bischoff", which I have a couple of pieces. I don't have most of her old collection of Blenko, that passing on to my brother and his wife Kay. But my wife Beverly has enough on hand to have to "rotate" the pieces on display in the house, because we don't have a house full of display cases.....

Let me know if this could help.

Bill

1 comment:

Heart of Glass said...

Wonderful to get a quick response, we hope to get many others.
THANK YOU Bill,
If you have photos we would love to see them.
HJH