Title

Heart of Glass - Blenko Glass

Blenko Glass is a West Virginia treasure that spans generations. Nothing symbolizes the state of West Virginia better or more beautifully than Blenko Glass. We will discuss current and former craftsmen and designers and how important it is that Blenko and West Virginia glass be appreciated and valued by the younger generation.

Thursday, January 04, 2007

Wedding Gifts - Think BLENKO !


For the last year "Weddings" seem to happen in my circle almost as frequently as birthdays . Finding the right gift for each Wedding has been for me much more difficult than shopping for birthdays. Giving something that I can 'afford' yet. . . tasteful, and meaningful to the bride and groom. . . . the process can be laborious. My gift is most often WV Glass, and 99% of the time its BLENKO GLASS. Blenko offers a great variety of style and color. Many of my friends are using the Blenko vase/ water bottles (in their wedding colors) as little gifts for some of the extended wedding party. The Mothers are asking their florist to use Blenko in the table flower arrangements. Adding a bit of WV and our heritage. BLENKO adds so much to most any occasion. One of my Mother's best friend Clara West is getting married Feb 3rd (she 's a young 70), to say that both the bride and groom already have everything they need is an understatement. Gift buying for this Bride will be difficult. My plan is to spend most of Friday searching for the perfect gift at the Blenko Visitors Center. I'll let you know what I find. Thank you for the photos of your Christmas class - later this month or early next month I'll publish some of the photos. Note: The photo is of a WV BIRTHDAY PIECE # !, many people have write to ask about this collection - the photos of all 27 WV BIRTHDAY BLENKO are available at www.blenkoproject.org and also on the Blenko Collectors site. Blenko Collectors Society. HJH

No comments: