Title

Heart of Glass - Blenko Glass

Blenko Glass is a West Virginia treasure that spans generations. Nothing symbolizes the state of West Virginia better or more beautifully than Blenko Glass. We will discuss current and former craftsmen and designers and how important it is that Blenko and West Virginia glass be appreciated and valued by the younger generation.

Thursday, April 03, 2008

LIVE PASSIONATELY!


"Remember that what you have now was once among the things you only hoped for" Epicurus (c.341-270BC)


Collecting Blenko has become 'easier' with the use of Internet - a click of the mouse and you can view Blenko in over 50 states...I was sad the first time I saw a duplicate of my 'prize' Blenko listed on EBAY.

The one important things I have learned from listening to 'COLLECTORS' is go slow, educate your self, and to know your seller.

A while back, a I was gifted with the book GOOD KARMA -How to Find and Keep It JoanDOliver. The following passage from this book - is very appropriate for collectors...


' Slow down and pay attention - don't gobble up things and experiences without noticing
or appreciating them. It's like being served a Delicious, beautiful meal and wolfing it down,
in stead of savoring each dish.'

EBAY - and other quick fixes are nice - but nothing is as nice, as a weekend 'glass hunt' with friends and family. hjh

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can'nt wait for my big sister to come down we plan to go to Milton. I like to shop at different places for present instead of ebay or Penny's, Sol, they have a great collection of Hare's Dowm at Blenko. I am still thinking about a maroon colored one, It caught my eye so why not start your own hare family to doctor on. Hare's grow large families, raised bunnies when I was little. even raised a wild bunny from about a month old. Those bunnies are something a pet doctor should collect, and know 2 look completely alike, each is unique, and they do bring a smile to ones face. If my pink one gets sick will e-mail, ok.

Anonymous said...

Hilly
Do you Live Passionately?
Do you have good karma?
I need to improve my karma, perhaps I may do this with offering free Vet Services to your rescque animals.
Sol

Heart of Glass said...

Solomon
Thank you for this and your other
Blenko questions.
As a Vet and Business Owner I am certain you Live Passionately and have wonderful Karma.
I am a 23 year old - who lives each day with the goal of learning and doing no harm by word or deed.
'Karma' I'm uncertain about the
descriptions of good/bad. Good things do happen to me often.
hjh
ps Small Paws could certainly use your volunteer services see the website.
Ms. B has a VET and does not need another.

lewisdvdphd said...

Ignore him Hillary.
Passion for Sol is counting his money at night.