Title

Heart of Glass - Blenko Glass

Blenko Glass is a West Virginia treasure that spans generations. Nothing symbolizes the state of West Virginia better or more beautifully than Blenko Glass. We will discuss current and former craftsmen and designers and how important it is that Blenko and West Virginia glass be appreciated and valued by the younger generation.

Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Reader Tidbits - Blenko Foot and Frogs!

Some whimsical pieces from the collection of reader Holly Shivel, who calls Blenko collecting 'a family affair'!

The Blenko Foot has a hollow back. I found it about two years ago at the Outlet and love the dark blue color. I saw the hands there but they were, for lack of better words, uber creepy! :) Holly wrote. The trio of bullfrogs! The stickers are on the other side. Like most collectors I like to have the stickers on the pieces!

9 comments:

Heart of Glass said...

Holly
May I ask what state you live in
and if you belong to a collectors club?
Hillary

bridgett said...

Hilary I read you like frogs too, I also collect them.
Are these items currently available?

sweetdoc said...

Bring back the Frogs!
Only baby frogs were in the Visitors shop when I go.

Anonymous said...

Hi Hillary!
I live in Huntington,WV and my husband and I used to visit the Blenko outlet on a weekendly basis!
I don't belong to any club but am VERY intersted in joining one!
Thanks for posting the pictures - my grandfather used to call me "Papaw's lil' Bullfrog" (What?! We're Country!) :) - so they're near and dear to my heart!

Heart of Glass said...

Holly
Keep your mind open to joing a glass club - we need to have a strong WV CLub - and a strong national BLENKO Collectors Club. The TEXAS CLUB is so AWESOME - I've been thinking of moving to TEXAS just to be a member.
HJH
I also collect frog -

Anonymous said...

It is extremely interesting for me to read this article. Thanx for it. I like such themes and anything that is connected to this matter. I would like to read more on that blog soon.

Anonymous said...

Keep on posting such stories. I love to read articles like this. Just add more pics :)

Happily Era After and The Vintage Reader Etsy Shops said...

Hey, Ive I have a friend who has those foot ashtrays! Anyone know how old that is and its value?
Thanks!

Anonymous said...

If its an ashtray its from the 70s
if it isn't an ashtray its from 2007 when they did reproduction.
70s would have more value.