Title

Heart of Glass - Blenko Glass

Blenko Glass is a West Virginia treasure that spans generations. Nothing symbolizes the state of West Virginia better or more beautifully than Blenko Glass. We will discuss current and former craftsmen and designers and how important it is that Blenko and West Virginia glass be appreciated and valued by the younger generation.

Monday, April 07, 2008

Readers Info - Tidbits

Ram Grung an engineer from Maryland who frequently makes comments and has began to collect Blenko is on extended vacation with family in Solan, Himachal Pradesh which is near to Shimla a tourist place . Ram reports he is surrounded by mountains in this part of India and they often get snow. I'll have to check with the Blenko Collectors Society - Ram may be our
most distant Blenko Collector.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hilly
I wouldn't want you to teach my geography.
Sol

sweetdoc said...

Hillary
As an office we read your blog together Gloria prints it in the am and passes it along-
We don't know anything about Indian geography but we have enjoyed Ram's comments. Positive people in this world are rare and he appears to be always positive.
While we are a med staff - I'd like to clone him and have 10 Ram's
to deal with my population.
Sol many of the Docs on my staff are very much like you- nuff said.
Hillary I like the photos of others collections, small and large.
Thank you for 10 minutes of entertainment, education and sometimes a laugh in the am.

Dr.BOB said...

We will be traveling to India as a group in August to visit temples and other holy sites.
India is fast becoming one of the top 10 tourist destinations.
Have you been?
I know you speak often of imported glass from India and China - may I suggest you visit both countries to observe the glass production and write it off your taxes.

Heart of Glass said...

Sol
I also wouldn't want me to teach you geography.
Sweetdoc
Thanks for reading and commenting. I love comments! Most especially positive ones. I also like the photos, if my computer skills were better, you would see more.
Dr. Bob
I have not been to India or China.
Before you can write things off your taxes; I think you need taxable income. I have no income.
Great suggestion, but first I need a job.

lewisdvdphd said...

When I go on vacation will you write that I am on vacation?
I frequently comment so does Sol.

lewisdvdphd said...

When I go on vacation will you write that I am on vacation?
I frequently comment so does Sol.

Heart of Glass said...

Lewis,
When you (1) visit India or China
I'll blog about it after (2) you contribute positive comments for 6 months or longer I will definitely post your travel plans and photos that you take.(of glass)
Smile.
HJH