Title

Heart of Glass - Blenko Glass

Blenko Glass is a West Virginia treasure that spans generations. Nothing symbolizes the state of West Virginia better or more beautifully than Blenko Glass. We will discuss current and former craftsmen and designers and how important it is that Blenko and West Virginia glass be appreciated and valued by the younger generation.

Saturday, December 12, 2009

http://thepurplemoon.con

Hilary,
Tell me where to buy vintage Blenko?
Marg
Cabin Creek

Marg,
I buy very little glass, but those 'who shop' tell me (1) estate sales (2) find a good shop and ask the owner to search for you (3) ebay (4) The places I am familiar with are Kissin Kate's in Hurricane and Purple Moon of Charleston, WV
Purple Moon has a large selection of furniture and all things modern. Kissin Kate's specialty is WV and American Glass.
My thoughts are if you are new to collecting - buy only from an established dealer, buy books, search websites and acquire a base knowledge before venturing into ebay or estate/tag sales.
Good luck!
Have you visited the www.blenkoglass.com website or gift shop? Many 'vintage' reproductions are available . . .the Bayliss line has a retro feel.
Need more info, or have additional questions? Email theblenkoproject@aol.com.

6 comments:

sweetdoc said...

Marge
Add my procomments for both
venues.
May I also suggest making a wish list for glass and sticking to it so you don't have a stash of glass you have a collection.
After 2 years of wreckless buying, I am now selling off the bad and buying only quality.

Anonymous said...

The purple moon window is worth the trip from flatwoods to charleston.
Bars down the street I can recommend.
Also the Asian grill.
Next week I shall go early and start with Kate in Hurricane working my way back to the bar.
Alex

Anonymous said...

I like the New York guy for good glass.

Anonymous said...

The New York guy I like is Damon Crain at www.vmglasshouse.com. He is not cheap, but anything he sells is of the highest quality, and has a 100% satisfaction guarantee. He is a recognized expert in vintage Blenko glass,and has the highest integrity.

Steve C

Heart of Glass said...

Steve
I agree. Excellent source.
For a long time Heart of Glass used Damon's superior photographs in post about vintage glass. He is an excellent photographer, author, artist.
The absence of his photos dminish the artistic content of Heart of Glass.
HJH

susan said...

Hilary
I miss seeing Damon's photos on the blog.
Why not do this again and again?
Because of the blog my group discovered his websites and mag articles and him.
Use the photos no better photos exist.
Whats your problem girl?