Title

Heart of Glass - Blenko Glass

Blenko Glass is a West Virginia treasure that spans generations. Nothing symbolizes the state of West Virginia better or more beautifully than Blenko Glass. We will discuss current and former craftsmen and designers and how important it is that Blenko and West Virginia glass be appreciated and valued by the younger generation.

Friday, July 02, 2010

amber crackle decanter


Hillary:
Here is an amber crackle decanter. I think it is WV glass but I'm not sure which factory. I like the round squat appearance. It is 10" round and 8" high, not including the stopper. It has a pontil on the bottom. Please share with your group. I'd love to know about it.
WV Janis

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hillary,

Comments situation is serious and has to be fixed.

Anonymous said...

WV JANIS I HAVE THIS IN RUBY AND EMERALD I WAS TOLD IT WAS MADE BY SENECA GLASS NEAR MORGANTOWN.
THESE CAME WITH THE FARM I BOUGHT IN JEFFERSON COUNTY 6 YEARS AGO.
THE OWNER LEFT MOST OF HIS MOMS GLASS OR A GREAT AMOUNT.
I HAVE SPENT THE LAST 3 YEARS TRYING TO FIND THE SOURCE OF THIS GLASS. MY GLASS HAS A SIGNATURE
OTIS DEBOIS IS YOUR PIECE SIGNED?
MOUNTAIN RITA