Title

Heart of Glass - Blenko Glass

Blenko Glass is a West Virginia treasure that spans generations. Nothing symbolizes the state of West Virginia better or more beautifully than Blenko Glass. We will discuss current and former craftsmen and designers and how important it is that Blenko and West Virginia glass be appreciated and valued by the younger generation.

Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Most Valued Glass

Glassdoc
You own a lot of glass, may I ask what you value most?
Paul


Paul,
I no longer own a lot of glass. I live in a small 3 bedroom cottage, several years ago I gifted most of my Glass to West Virginia University for display in the new Arts Building.
The items I value are those given to me, and those made or handled by Wayne Husted. ( see photo).
I'll also admit I've been saving money to purchase a JOEL PHILIP MYERS after Blenko(http://www.cmog.org/dynamic.aspx?id=1394) item.
Also on my dream list is a Marvin Lipofsky(http://www.marvinlipofsky.com/) item.






5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glassdoc
you have expensive glass and expensive taste in glass.
Lovely photo of Husted signing your glass is this a perk of writing Heart of Glass?
Alex

Anonymous said...

WHY LIPKOSY?
HOW CAN I FIND OUT MORE ABOUT LIPKOSY? IS THIS SOMETHING WE ALL SHOULD BE BUYING OR LOOKING FOR ON EBAY?
EXAMPLES IF YOU PLEASE.
MOUNTAIN RITA
Wed. 9am

Anonymous said...

hilary
i was told Joel Myers gave you all his Blenko photos and papers. Is this true? If it is true will you share these on the blog?
Marianne B.

ERDOCSeattle said...

I also love Husted.
Do you think Blenko will ask that he do one or two
special items each year?
The market is here, don't you think?

ERDOCSeattle said...

Still reading the comments.
Hilary If you have Myers
photos and papers please do share.