Title

Heart of Glass - Blenko Glass

Blenko Glass is a West Virginia treasure that spans generations. Nothing symbolizes the state of West Virginia better or more beautifully than Blenko Glass. We will discuss current and former craftsmen and designers and how important it is that Blenko and West Virginia glass be appreciated and valued by the younger generation.

Monday, November 21, 2011

What's Your Color?

Hillary,



Personal question - what is your favorite blenko glass color?




Any color you consider most valuable?




Eliz C






Eliz



Ebony is one of my favorite Blenko Glass colors.



Without doing any research my best guess is 'rose' re: most valuable color.

I'm posting photos of Ebony and also Rose.



The Ebony is a complete collection ( minus 3 items) of Blenko Ebony.



The 'rose' photo is of two of my favorite items in Blenko rose.



Check out Blenko Collectors Four website for a list of all Blenko colors. Another web site


www.blenkoproject.org contains photos of Blenko Glass collections.



Hillary















Blenko Blenko Blenko

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hillary
I know the one rose 'football' vase is several thousand dollars.
Viking made better ebony than Blenko, Fostoria also made better ebony.
But rose well no body did rose
like Blenko
and husted design is exceptional.
You own great glass.
How did you afford these things as a student?
Ralph S.

Anonymous said...

Pink and Black
are good together.
Ralph

sweetdoc said...

you own very nice glass.
I plan to duplicate your shelving idea.
Thanks for supporting Blenko.
My question is are they being supportive of you and Blenko Project?
Did you get my request to join your board?

sweetdoc said...

Will you sell these items
or help me find duplicates?