Title

Heart of Glass - Blenko Glass

Blenko Glass is a West Virginia treasure that spans generations. Nothing symbolizes the state of West Virginia better or more beautifully than Blenko Glass. We will discuss current and former craftsmen and designers and how important it is that Blenko and West Virginia glass be appreciated and valued by the younger generation.

Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Glass ID - can you help this reader?


Hello,
I have been unsuccessful identifying the pictures of the art piece
attached to this e-mail.  The antique dealer I bought it from PROMISED
me it was Blenko, but I can not find it in any catalogs.  It has the
characteristics of a Blenko piece, but I just don't know for sure.  It
stands 12 inches high and has about a 25 inch circumfrance.  It is
quite heavy, has air bubbles throughout, but has a rather smooth
pontil.  I want to give it to a collector for a wedding gift next
weekend, but don't want to make a big mistake if it's not Blenko.
Please help!  Thank you ever so much!




Missy

4 comments:

maggie said...

This vase is frequently found in home goods for $13.99
It is not Blenko.
Maggie

Anonymous said...

This is pretty, it is not blenko.

Anonymous said...

Definitely not blenko but I like the color.

penny said...

This one is not Blenko, of that I am certain.
What are your thoughts sweetdoc?