Title

Heart of Glass - Blenko Glass

Blenko Glass is a West Virginia treasure that spans generations. Nothing symbolizes the state of West Virginia better or more beautifully than Blenko Glass. We will discuss current and former craftsmen and designers and how important it is that Blenko and West Virginia glass be appreciated and valued by the younger generation.

Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Blenko loves Blenko

This ad can be found in the November 1960 edition of House Beautiful.

Thank you to Tim and Karin Alonzo for another great photograph

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Tim and Hilary
It is so helpful to know
what magazine
the ad is from
I'll now search for this mag.
Tim are you volunteering in the
garden? If so we'll per chance meet.
Solomon

Anonymous said...

Hello Solomon,
I wish it were that easy for me, but I live in Texas and would find the commute a bit overwhelming. I will be in Milton from Aug 9-11 for the Blenko Collectors Convention. If you attend the convention we may meet there. I will send other Blenko ads to Hillary when time permits. I'm glad you enjoy them as much as I do.

-Tim

Anonymous said...

Tim
Texas, I wasn't comprehending this.
I do like the ads. They will be framed and placed in one of my waiting rooms. Thanx to the influence of Blenko Blog I now have many Blenko
items. My patients or their owners appreciate the glass it appears.
The adversements are priceless. With anticipation I shall await the new additons.
Solomon

sweetdoc said...

Solomon
I'd like to help you
find those items.
sbaldock81@gmail.com

Anonymous said...

Just saw the AD for BLENKO I remember this ad and many others
will get out my old magazines and try to find them.
Marilyn Blenko was my friend, they hired an ad agency from Chicago.
My husband was a business owner in downtown.
Thank you for a beautiful reminder of my past.
M. L. Peck